Jolt is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 to increase the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of young Latinos in Texas to tell their own stories through creative arts and acts, development institutes, and student leadership.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt is seeking a Chapter Coordinator for the upcoming Fall 2022 semester to help create a culture of civic engagement on campus through identifying opportunities to register voters in classrooms, at campus events, and while tabling.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include:
- Reach out to 5 professors monthly to ask about registering voters in their class with priority given to the following:
- Latin American Studies, Government, Women and Gender Studies, Mexican American Studies, etc.
- Freshman classes
- Identify upcoming events on campus at which you can set up a voter registration table
- Ex. Freshman welcome events, organization fairs, cultural events, etc.
- Have voter registration at any tabling events you do on campus.
- Complete data entry for and turn in 70 voter registration cards a month.
- Add scheduled voter registration events to Jolt Mobilize.
- Ensure chapter meetings occur at least once monthly.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution preferred with strong communication and writing skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills; ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with various groups of individuals
- Must be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Must assist in ensuring events are well planned, organized, and professionally presented
This position reports to the Regional Organizer. This part-time, temporary position is located at the assigned University or College.
This position pays a stipend of $300 per month for a term of 3 months.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com with your name and the job title in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. Jolt recruits,
employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity. We strongly encourage
members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including, but not limited
to people of color, LGBTQ-identifying people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with
disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.