Jolt is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 to increase the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of young Latinos in Texas to tell their own stories through creative arts and acts, development institutes, and student leadership.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt seeks an experienced Development Director to help the organization grow its development program with combined budgets of $4.2 million. This is an exciting opportunity to elevate Jolt’s fundraising program to raise the funds necessary to transform Texas. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will be responsible for executing an annual fundraising plan with a focus on foundation and individual donor recruitment, cultivation, and stewardship.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a strategic annual fundraising plan and budget to grow our fundraising across all revenue streams
- Continue to diversify our revenue sources and continue achieving organizational goals aligned with our vision and mission
- Design and manage the individual donor program to identify, cultivate, upgrade, and sustain donors at all giving levels
- Supervise Foundation Giving Manager to research, write, manage, and report on all foundation
and donor table grants
- Work with the Communications Director to develop donor-focused materials for fundraising, including the annual report, organizational brochures, and other materials as needed
- Manage donor database to keep accurate donation records and ensure donors are promptly and appropriately recognized for their support
- Build relationships with Jolt’s volunteers and members to curate stories showing progress, updates and new developments to include with reports or applications
- Perform prospect research on foundations, faith-based organizations and corporations to evaluate opportunities for corporate and foundation grants, including exploring untapped potential in new program areas
- 7+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising and managing budgets of at least $2.5 million
- Experience managing and working with high-performing staff and diverse communities
- Experience designing, maintaining and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation
- A track record of effective major donor fundraising for nonprofits focused on youth leadership development and civic engagement, preferably in Texas
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher education degree
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite
- CFRE preferred
- Experience with Every Action preferred
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Passion, energy, and drive for Jolt’s vision and mission
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including persuasive speaking and writing
- Sharp organizational skills, showing attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Systems thinking with the ability to synthesize information and communicate effectively
- A diplomatic, mature approach to problem-solving and the ability to think independently and creatively
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality
- Willingness to travel on occasion for Jolt
LOCATION AND START DATE
This is a remote position that reports to the Executive Director. Jolt is reviewing resumes on a rolling basis with preference given to applicants who apply by February 1, 2022.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Jolt’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.