JOB DESCRIPTION CAMPAIGN MANAGER
Jolt Initiative 501c3 & Jolt Action 501c4
Jolt is a non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt Initiative is seeking a well-organized individual with experience managing teams and coalitions to become the Campaign Manager of Movement Mujeres, a new joint project of Jolt and Deeds Not Words. Through investments in the long-term leadership development of women of color and building the organizational muscle necessary to transform power in the Lone Star State, Movement Mujeres seeks to turn the tide in favor of women of color in one of the country’s most populous and largest economies in the country- Texas, so that the state becomes a leader in developing and implementing policies that protect and expand the rights of women of color on economic, environmental, racial and gender justice.
The Campaign Manager will be responsible for ensuring alignment between project staff at both organizations, managing staff members using data-driven methods, building relationships with key partners to advance the work, and reporting to an Advisory Council on the progress of Movement Mujeres. The Campaign Manager will be responsible for ensuring Movement Mujeres reaches its goals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the Movement Mujeres project to ensure it fulfills its mission and achieves its outcomes
- Manage campaign positions with Jolt and partner organizations to ensure alignment to Movement Mujeres’ mission and outcomes
- Supervise the creation and implementation of a two-year fellowship program that will attract women of color leaders from across Texas
- Support staff to develop a progressive policy agenda and advocate for bills at the state level
- Expand upon Jolt’s existing Artists in Resistance program to use the power of art to lift-up and communicate about Movement Mujeres campaigns, fellows and policies
- Work with Jolt’s Communications Director to place stories of Movement Mujeres’ fellows into news outlets at the local, state, and national level
- Report financial expenditures, progress towards goals, and future plans to the Movement Mujeres Advisory Council on a quarterly basis
PERSONAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum 3-years experience supervising staff
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and social change
- Enthusiastically promote Jolt’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures, and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage competing deadlines
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends, and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position
- Experience working with diverse partners and coalition building
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports to the Deputy Director. This full-time position will be based in Austin, or Houston, Texas
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume with your name and the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.