Jolt Action is a Texas-based multi-issue organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy. Jolt gives Latinos the power to make change, so we can have a say in how Texas is run. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt entered a new era in August 2019 when Antonio Arellano took over as Interim Executive Director.
Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt seeks a Digital Organizer to recruit, engage, and mobilize online members and encourage them to take action in real life. The Digital Organizer will manage Jolt’s online platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, emails, and website, to reach new audiences and build the power of young Latinos in Texas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Jolt’s digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram to grow our audience and maintain robust engagement with followers
- Liaise with social media coordinators from each Jolt Chapter to ensure ample coverage of their activities and events
- Build relationships with artists and influencers to grow Jolt’s brand
- Work with the communications and organizing teams to move online followers to offline members
- Manage Jolt’s email campaigns to expand the list, deliver relevant content, and track metrics
- Update Jolt’s websites on a regular basis to ensure current content.
Skills & Abilities
The Digital Organizer should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with data management
- Proficiency in Google Suites, E-mail and WordPress
- Ability to work irregular hours and travel (many times in the evenings and weekends)
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
Location: This position may be based in Austin or Dallas, Texas.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Jolt’s benefits package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
Please submit your resume and a relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.