Jolt Initiative is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt Action is a 501c4 non-profit organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Membership Coordinator performs some or all of the following:
- Develop and manage membership recruitment, development and retention systems for the central Texas region
- Organize staff and campaigns to ensure proper implementation, evaluation and improvement for the Central Texas region
- Manage volunteer voter registration program for central Texas to meet organizational voter registration goals
- Assist in program and campaign design to ensure proper integration across the organization and it priorities
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the electoral and Latino community
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile
- Establish good working relationships with community partners to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Assist with other duties assigned as necessary
Skills & Abilities
The Membership Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED
- Access to a reliable vehicle with proof of insurance and registration
- Experience with data management
- Familiarity using Google Suites, E-mail and Internet
- Ability to work irregular hours and travel (many times in the evenings and weekends)
- Spanish Language fluency
- Voter registration experience
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Passion and dedication to fight for social justice
- Interpersonal & public speaking skills
This position is located in Austin, TX.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Jolt’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
Please submit your resume at email@example.com with your name and the job title in the subject line. Only applicants that send their resumes to this email will be considered. Position is open until filled.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.