Jolt Initiative (a 501c3 non-profit organization) works to increase Texas Latino’s civic participation toward building a stronger democracy, ensuring everyone’s voice is heard. Its partner project, Jolt Action is a 501c4 non-profit organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy.
Jolt Initiative and Jolt Action are seeking a well-organized and detail-oriented Office Manager to join its team. The Office Manager is responsible for the daily financial, administrative, and human resource operations of the organization. The Office Manager must maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment and ensure that Jolt Action and Jolt Initiative operations run smoothly.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of Jolt:
- Manage payroll, including receiving timesheets, processing payroll, and reviewing deductions for accuracy
- Pay all bills on time for Jolt’s multiple offices
- Handle all Accounts Payable
- Maintain confidential personal financial information of members and donors
- Communicate with a contract bookkeeper to ensure accurate financial reporting
Manage the administrative functions of Jolt:
- Ensure the on-time submission of all state and federal reports
- Manage the annual audit process
- Coordinate the office calendar including communicating office and calendar announcements to staff (i.e. office closures, upcoming holidays, maintenance issues, weather issues, etc.)
- Maintain the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Austin office
- Assist with the operations of Jolt’s offices (printers, scanners, air conditioning)
- Organize birthday and anniversary celebrations for our staff
Carry out Human Resource Functions
- Train new employees in a comprehensive onboarding process and gather all necessary paperwork
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations including maintaining personnel files and insurance policies
- 3+ years professional office experience in busy, dynamic office environments, preferably in administrative roles
- 1+ year in payroll management
- 1+ year in training and onboarding employees
- 1+ year in entering transactions and running reports in Quickbooks
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and business management principles, office systems and procedures
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Well-organized to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to pass a background check
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports to the Operations & Human Resources Director. This full-time position is located in Austin, Texas.
Jolt’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, dental insurance, vision insurance, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position title in the subject line. Jolt will review resumes on a rolling basis.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.
Jolt Initiative is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt Action is a 501c4 non-profit organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.