Jolt is a non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. The organization entered a new phase in April 2021, when Gloria Gonzales-Dholakia took over as Executive Director. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt is seeking an innovative and experienced Regional Manager to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards and culture. The Regional Manager will lead the development and execution of voter registration and Jolt’s core issues.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage a team of regional organizers to meet voter contact, community organizing, and capacity-building goals;
- Build and maintain political relationships with local leaders in your region;
- Develop regional strategies and systems that lead your team to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics, as well as maintain data integrity;
- Innovate and collaborate with other external and internal Jolt stakeholders to continuously improve our employer, volunteer, and program experiences;
- Assist in the assessment of regional program success through reporting and participant evaluations;
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvements leading to increased quality and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in the civic engagement nonprofit or campaign sector;
- At least one year of staff management experience;
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize project deliverables and reliably meet project deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a supportive team environment on strategic initiatives, priorities, and mission fulfillment;
- Strong written, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Leadership qualities of presence, confidence, judgment, and integrity to command the respect and response of colleagues and executive personnel.
This position is based in Dallas and San Antonio, Texas, and reports to the Director of Programs. Jolt is reviewing resumes on a rolling basis with preference given to applicants applying before June 1, 2021.
This position pays $50,000 – $65,000 per year depending on experience. Jolt’s benefits package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.